Week 44, One Year Bible Challenge: “Visions”
Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading October 28 to November 3[1. If you are participating in the Saturday morning class, “The One Year Bible Challenge,” you should read the daily materials as set out in “The One Year Bible.” The verses listed on this page will include a couple of extra days each week.]
Lamentations 1:1 to Ezekiel 11:25
Philemon 1:1 to Hebrews 6:20
Psalm 101:1 to 105:36
Proverbs 26:20 to 27:2
Next Week’s Reading November 4-10
Ezekiel 12:1 to Ezekiel 23:49
Hebrews 7:1 to Hebrews 10:39
Psalm 105:37 to 109:31
Proverbs 27:3 to 27:13
- Lamentations 2:5 says the LORD had become “like an enemy.” Is this the same as God actually being the enemy of Israel? In any event, how did God’s chosen people get in this position?
- Lamentations 3:25 says, “The LORD is good to them that wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.” Can this verse still apply when we’re in a hurry? That is, when we don’t have time to wait? How do we “seek” God?
- Lamentations 5:1-18 describes some of the indignities suffered by Judah. Is “no respect shown to the elders” (v. 12) in the same class as the other items? Why is this item contained in this list?
- Hebrews 2:7 says that Jesus was “a little lower than angels.” Some commentators say the meaning here is that Christ—born as a man—was at that time inferior to angels. Do you agree with this interpretation?
- “Moses indeed was faithful in all his house as a servant… but Christ is faithful as a Son over his house” Hebrews 3:5-6. What is the difference between the Moses and Jesus?
- Is having a “heart of unbelief” really evil? Read Hebrews 3:12.