Week 48, One Year Bible Challenge: “The Fourth Man”
Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading November 25 to December 1[1. If you are participating in the Saturday morning class, “The One Year Bible Challenge,” you should read the daily materials as set out in “The One Year Bible.” The verses listed on this page will include a couple of extra days each week.]
Daniel 2:24 to Daniel 11:1
1 Peter 4:7 to 1 John 3:6
Psalm 119:81 to 121:8
Proverbs 28:15- to 28:28
Next Week’s Reading December 2-8
Daniel 11:2 to Joel 3:21
1 John 3:7 to Revelation 1:20
Psalm 122:1 to 128:6
Proverbs 29:1 to 29:18
- Was the statue that Nebuchadnezzar made in Daniel 3:1 an image of himself, or another “god?” What does this story tell us about the Babylonians’ understanding of “god?”
- King Darius, the Mede, decreed that no one could worship anyone but him for 30 days. So why did Daniel pray to God in a way he could be seen? Couldn’t Daniel just have secretly prayed to God for those 30 days? Daniel 6:4-13.
- What was the sin of Belshazzar, and how was he punished for it? Daniel 5:18-31. Is it fair for God to punish someone for not following Him, if that person was raised to believe in another religion or god(s)?
- How do you think the devil “walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour”? 1 Peter 5:8.
- Where do prophets receive their prophecies? 2 Peter 1:19-21.
- Is it bad to say we haven’t sinned? 1 John 1:8-10.