Week 5, One Year Bible Challenge: “Life’s Not Fair”
Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading January 27 to February 2[1. If you are participating in the Saturday morning class, “The One Year Bible Challenge,” you should read the daily materials as set out in “The One Year Bible.” The verses listed on this page will include a couple of extra days each week.]
Next Week’s Reading February 3-9
- Was the death of the firstborn the worst of the ten plagues? Exodus 12:29-33. If so, why? If not, which plague was the worst. Why did God save the death of the firstborn until last? Or do you think God had additional plagues in mind if Pharoah had not finally relented?
- In Exodus 14:21 (WEBME) says, “the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all the night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.” Did it really take all night for the seas to part? If so, why does popular culture often portray the event as only taking a few seconds or minutes?
- Why did the manna which God provided to his people only last for one day at a time (excpet is lasted an extra day on the sabbath)? Exodus 16:14-23. Do God’s rules for the handling of manna have any application or meaning for modern Christians?
What did Jesus mean when he said that “the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to ones like these [children]?” Matthew 19:16.
- Was the mother of James and John out of line when she asked Jesus that her sons be able to sit at his right and left side in His kingdom? Matthew 20:20-22.
- In Jesus’ parable, a wedding guest was thrown out of the wedding feast for not wearing appropriate wedding clothing. Matthew 22:11-14. Should we take this story to emphasize the importance of wearing our best clothing when we come to church? If not, what is the point of the parable..