Week 43, One Year Bible Challenge: “The Word of God”
Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading October 22-28[1. If you are participating in the Saturday morning class, “The One Year Bible Challenge,” you should read the daily materials as set out in “The One Year Bible.” The verses listed on this page will include a couple of extra days each week.]
Jeremiah 39:1 to 52:34
2 Timothy 1:1 to Titus 3:15
Psalm 90:1 to 100:5
Proverbs 26:1 to 26:19
Next Week’s Reading October 29 to November 4
Lamentations 1:1 to Ezekiel 11:25
Philemon 1:1 to Hebrews 6:20
Psalm 101:1 to 105:36
Proverbs 26:20 to 27:2
- Why did Jeremiah tell King Zedekiah he should surrender to the Babylonians? What did King Zedekiah do, and why? See Jeremiah 38:17-22.
- What was the fate of King Zedekiah? Jeremiah 39:6-8. Did this king get what he deserved? Jeremiah 37:1-2 and Jeremiah 52:1-3.
- Jeremiah prophesies terror for the people of Egypt (Jeremiah 46:5), Moab (Jeremiah 48:43-44), Ammon (Jeremiah 49:1-5), and Kedar and Hazor (Jeremiah 49:28-29). Is terror an appropriate consequence for these people? Why?
- Why did Paul mention the mother and grandmother of Timothy? What is the significance of these two women? 2 Timothy 1:3-5.
- What does 2 Timothy 2:11 mean? “Faithful is the saying: For if we died with him, we shall also live with him.”
- Why does Paul advise to avoid “foolish and ignorant discussions?” 2 Timothy 2:23. What type of discussion is he referring to? Has it been your experience this type of discussion causes trouble? If so, give some examples.