The movie reviewed here is definitely NOT for children, and is not recommended for other people either.
- GENRE: Horror
- ACTORS: Kate Siegel, Zach Gilford, Kristin Lehman
- RATING: TV-MA
- PARENTAL NOTE: Not intended for children. Bad language and questionable situations. Violence. Extreme anti-Christian portrayal and message.
- INTENDED AUDIENCE: This movie is intended for fans of the genre. I was ultimately offended by the content and message. I am not easily offended.
- GENERAL PLOT: (No spoilers) This is a 7 part, one hour each, mini-series. It portrays the conflicts between good and evil in a way that might provoke meaningful reflection in Christians. EXCEPT, in the end, the series broadly concludes that God is just the sum of all the molecules in the universe. God and Christianity are at best portrayed as a feel-good experience which ultimately means nothing.
- REVIEW: Bible Verses are quoted by the bushel-load, but almost exclusively by an evil character who misuses them to promote evil. I realize that Satan himself quoted scriptures when tempting Jesus Christ. So in principal, I’m not opposed to the idea that evil people people misuse God’s Word. But it is not fair to portray this use as the primary or exclusive worth of scripture. 1
- RECOMMENDATION: 2 This is a horror movie. Many people will be highly offended by every movie in this genre because of the graphic violence, gore, language and other questionable elements. In this case, even if you are a fan of this genre, you may still be offended. I was.
- RATING (out of 5 stars): Zero (0). Use the 7 hours it takes to watch this mini-series for something more productive.