Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading October 22-281
Jeremiah 39:1 to 52:34
2 Timothy 1:1 to Titus 3:15
Psalm 90:1 to 100:5
Proverbs 26:1 to 26:19
Next Week’s Reading October 29 to November 4
Lamentations 1:1 to Ezekiel 11:25
Philemon 1:1 to Hebrews 6:20
Psalm 101:1 to 105:36
Proverbs 26:20 to 27:2
- Why did Jeremiah tell King Zedekiah he should surrender to the Babylonians? What did King Zedekiah do, and why? See Jeremiah 38:17-22.
- What was the fate of King Zedekiah? Jeremiah 39:6-8. Did this king get what he deserved? Jeremiah 37:1-2 and Jeremiah 52:1-3.
- Jeremiah prophesies terror for the people of Egypt (Jeremiah 46:5), Moab (Jeremiah 48:43-44), Ammon (Jeremiah 49:1-5), and Kedar and Hazor (Jeremiah 49:28-29). Is terror an appropriate consequence for these people? Why?
- Why did Paul mention the mother and grandmother of Timothy? What is the significance of these two women? 2 Timothy 1:3-5.
- What does 2 Timothy 2:11 mean? “Faithful is the saying: For if we died with him, we shall also live with him.”
- Why does Paul advise to avoid “foolish and ignorant discussions?” 2 Timothy 2:23. What type of discussion is he referring to? Has it been your experience this type of discussion causes trouble? If so, give some examples.