Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading October 8-141
Jeremiah 10:1 to Jeremiah 25:38
Colossians 3:18 to 2 Thessalonians 2:17
Psalm 78:56 to Psalm 84:12
Proverbs 24:28 to Proverbs 25:15
Next Week’s Reading October 15-21
Jeremiah 26:1 to Jeremiah 38:28
2 Thessalonians 3:1 to 1 Timothy 6:21
Psalm 85:1 to Psalm 89:52
Proverbs 25:16 to Proverbs 25:28
- In Jeremiah 12:1, the prophet asks God, “Why are the wicked so prosperous? Why are evil people so happy?” What is the answer to Jeremiah’s question?
- Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt. Who can know it?” Is this a universal principle, or just something Jeremiah was directing to certain people in his time? Do his words apply today?
- What is the point of Jeremiah smashing the clay jar (or bottle) in Jeremiah 19.10? Read the 19th chapter of Jeremiah.
- In 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Paul says the church should “encourage one another and build up each other, just as indeed you are doing.” From your personal observations, do you see most believers still following this instruction? Is this an area in which you, personally, could improve? If so, how?
- God told the Thessalonians it was God’s will for them is to be holy and refrain from sexual immorality. Does this mean they all did so? Does Paul’s advice apply to modern believers? That is, do we all abstain from sexual sin because that is God’s will?
1 Thessalonians 4:3.