Week 13 Discussion Notes:1
- In Chapter 3, Kempis wrote, “A peaceful man does more good than a learned man.” Do you agree that peace is more important than knowledge? (Day 86)
- Do you agree that “simplicity leads to God?” Is modern life necessarily complex? (Day 87)
- What is a “pure heart” that Kempis refers to in Chapter 4, and how do you get one? (Day 87)
- In Chapter 5, Kempis cautions us to “not rely too much upon ourselves.” Isn’t self reliance what made America great–and the very foundation of capitalism? (Day 91)
The Christian Mens Breakfast group meets this Saturday and (almost) every other Saturday at a local restaurant in Davie, FL. Call Tom Truex, or use the CONTACT tab at K-Line.ORG to get more information.
Our discussion will focus on the Chapters listed below, from The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas à Kempis.2
All items listed below are online at ImitateChrist.ORG:
- Book 2 , Chapter 3 : Goodness and Peace in Man (March 27, 2012)
- Book 2 , Chapter 4 : Purity of Mind and Unity of Purpose (March 29, 2012)
- Book 2 , Chapter 5 : Ourselves (March 31, 2012)
Also Posted this Week at ImitateChrist.ORG:
- Challoner’s Reflections3 on The Imitation of Christ for each of the above chapters.