Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading June 9-151
1 Kings 8:1 – 18:46
Acts 7:51 – 11:30
Psalm 129:1 – 135:21
Next Week’s Reading June 16-22
1 Kings 19:1 – 2 Kings 7:20
Acts 12:1 – Acts 16:15
Psalm 136:1 – 142:7
- Jehoshaphat didn’t want to consult the prophet, Micaiah, because this prophet never prophesied good things. 1 Kings 22:8. Do modern Christians still prefer to hear good news, rather than the truth?
- Bathsheba feared that if Adonijah became king after David’s death, he would have her and Solomon killed. Was this a well founded fear? 1 Kings 1:5-21.
- Why didn’t God punish Solomon for worshiping foreigh gods? 1 Kings 11:1-1
- The Jews had gone to a great deal of trouble to bring Jesus before Pontius Pilate for execution. Why were they able to just take Stephen outside the city and stone him? Acts 7:51-60.
- Did the persecution of the early believers in Christ actually help the Gospel to spread faster? Acts 8:1-4.
- Can you answer the question of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:34? See Acts 8:26-35.