Christ the Rock Community Church, Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study
This week’s reading November 4-101
Ezekiel 12:1 to Ezekiel 23:49
Hebrews 7:1 to Hebrews 10:39
Psalm 105:37 to 109:31
Proverbs 27:3 to 27:13
Next Week’s Reading November 11-17
Ezekiel 24:1 to 38:23
Hebrews 11:1 to James 2:17
Psalm 110:1 to 117:2
Proverbs 27:14 to 28:1
- God knew his people intentionally disobeyed him. He referred to the captives in Babylon as “the rebellious house, who have eyes to see, and don’t see, who have ears to hear, and don’t hear.” Ezekiel 12:2. Christ later quoted this passage as He spoke to His disciples. Mark 8:18. What about modern believers—do we (or YOU) see and hear the truth, but still rebel against God?
- God told Ezekiel to speak against false prophets. Ezekiel 13:1 Why would these false prophets follow their own spirit, rather than speak for God?
- People often want to punish the guilty to achieve justice. Is this God’s preferred way? Ezekiel 18:23. Would the world be different if we really preferred repentance over punishment?
- Why is the new covenant with Jesus Christ better than the old covenant? Hebrews 8:6.
- Why does Hebrews 8:10-11 say God’s people “shall not teach, each one his brother”?
- What is the importance of Hebrews 9:22? Did Christ’s death and resurrection change the Law; or how the Law was implemented?